We want to clarify a point in a recent editorial about the lack of a police officer at New Albany Elementary School. We said the “Board of Aldermen has failed for years to budget for a school resource officer” at the school.
Mayor Tim Kent points out that the board had not been asked by the school district in recent years to help pay for providing an officer.
For the current school year, Superintendent Jackie Ford has asked for the city to pay half the salary and pay benefit costs for an officer at the school.
We think the board should do that effective immediately.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...