Achieving the pinnacle
The level of academic excellence that can be achieved in our New Albany Schools has been demonstrated for the second consecutive year.
A New Albany High School senior, Jamie Crow, daughter of Darrell and Patricia Crow, is among 136 students in Mississippi to become a National Merit Semifinalist.
Crow follows Joseph Male, son of the Rev. Barry and Sara Male, who graduated in May from New Albany and now is a student at Mississippi State University.
The National Merit Semifinalist title is awarded based on performance on the national standardized test, the Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test. The same test is given nationwide; there is no finagling between school districts or states. About 16,000 students reached the level nationwide this year.
What makes Crow’s achievement even more impressive is that only 18 students from Northeast Mississippi were honored and 11 of those are at Oxford High School. Three are from the Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science and one each are from Saltillo, Mooreville and Starkville. The Tupelo school system failed to make the cut.
National Merit recognition is a pinnacle achievement for a student. We congratulate the students, their parents, their teachers and the school administrators.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...