Liberty School August meeting
Mrs. Lil Nelson welcomed the 28 attendees to the Aug. 20 meeting of Liberty School. Charlie Sappington gave the invocation and blessing prior to the pizza, dessert, and homemade ice-cream dinner.
Wayne Alexander gave the financial report in the business session and Joanne Gaines read minutes from the July meeting. Mrs. Nelson recognized August birthdays of: Ottis Dunlap (83), Norman Dunlap, Roy May, James Stout, Barry Strawn.
Lucille and Ray Fitzgerald were recognized for their August wedding anniversary. They have been married 71 years.
Get-well wishes were extended to: Nathan Alexander, Dorothy Coleman, Ruby Dunlap (at home), Justin Forsyth, Marcus Hill, Bobby Moormon, Tanner Rakestraw, Ruby Jewel Robbins, Lorie Wade.
Sympathy was extended to the families of: Sarah and Harry Adair, Lanny Autry, Christine Fitzgerald Bagwell, Gregg Brown, David Carnell, Edith Whitehead.
Charlie Sappington led in prayer for those who are sick and for the bereaved families.
The annual homecoming of Liberty school will be Saturday, Oct. 19, from 5:00 until 7:00 p.m. with a covered-dish dinner. Entertainment will be by Southern Comfort band.
Mrs. Tina Barkley provided a very interesting, informative, and musical program. She reviewed the lives of hymn writers Frances Jane (Fannie) Crosby, Horatio G. Spafford, Thomas Obediah Chisholm, Ray F. Miller, and George Beverly Shea. She mentioned although Fannie Crosby was blind, she wrote over 2,000 hymns. Mr. Spafford wrote “It is Well with My Soul” following the deaths of his four daughters. Thomas Obediah Chisholm wrote 1200 poems and hymns including “Great is Thy Faithfulness.” She told how George Beverly Shea met Billy Graham and then went over the world with him in his “Crusades for Christ.” Mrs. Barkley sang “Blessed Assurance” which was written by Fannie Crosby, “It is Well with My Soul” written by Horatio G. Spafford, and “I’d Rather Have Jesus” by Ray J. Miller and George Beverly Shea. The group thanked her for her inspirational program.
Bro. Doug Shelton gave a prayer at the end of the meeting.
The September meeting and covered-dish dinner will be Tuesday, Sept. 17, beginning at 6:00 p.m. Entertainment will be provided by Morgan and Morgan. Everyone is welcome.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...