Legends and Lore cemetery tour Oct. 12
“It is that time again!! Fall is in the air and the time for storytelling and history is upon us!” says Union County Heritage Museum Director Jill Smith.
On Oct. 12, Tallahatchie River Players and Union County Heritage Museum will present the 2013 Legends and Lore Cemetery Tour in the City Cemetery starting at 4:30 p.m. with the last tour at 7:30 p.m. This is a walking tour with tour guides. There will be limited seating available, so if you want to bring a small stool or chair to rest on, that will be fine. Each stop along the way will have an interesting person to entertain and give information that you may not have known about this area. “And in celebration of the 150th anniversary of The Battle of New Albany, we have resurrected a good many Civil War souls,” Smith said. “We will also hear from two people who were slaves during this time and their story. We also invited some souls back this year; they include William Faulkner, Paul Rainey and others!”
Tickets are $10 a person. Tickets will be on sale soon at the museum, so watch for announcements to purchase your tickets before the tour. The proceeds go to benefit the museum and TRP.
About New Albany Gazette
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Register now for NEMCC spring classes December 6, 2016
- Thanks for keeping ‘Sharing at Christmas’ something to look forward to December 6, 2016
- We still need help to Share at Christmas December 6, 2016
- Officials welcome funding for expanded emergency communications December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday