Legends and Lore cemetery tour Oct. 12
“It is that time again!! Fall is in the air and the time for storytelling and history is upon us!” says Union County Heritage Museum Director Jill Smith.
On Oct. 12, Tallahatchie River Players and Union County Heritage Museum will present the 2013 Legends and Lore Cemetery Tour in the City Cemetery starting at 4:30 p.m. with the last tour at 7:30 p.m. This is a walking tour with tour guides. There will be limited seating available, so if you want to bring a small stool or chair to rest on, that will be fine. Each stop along the way will have an interesting person to entertain and give information that you may not have known about this area. “And in celebration of the 150th anniversary of The Battle of New Albany, we have resurrected a good many Civil War souls,” Smith said. “We will also hear from two people who were slaves during this time and their story. We also invited some souls back this year; they include William Faulkner, Paul Rainey and others!”
Tickets are $10 a person. Tickets will be on sale soon at the museum, so watch for announcements to purchase your tickets before the tour. The proceeds go to benefit the museum and TRP.
About New Albany Gazette
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...