Byhalia man arrested in strong-armed robbery
A Byhalia man has been arrested in connection with a strong-armed robbery that occurred at a New Albany convenience store Saturday night.
According to Chad Glasson, investigator with the New Albany Police Department, Thomas Blake Jefferies, 23, of 278 Kathleen Rd. in Byhalia, has been charged with strong-armed robbery.
Glasson said Jefferies entered the Exxon Express convenience store on Highway 30 West, across from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday.
“According to the clerk, he went to purchase a piece of candy and when the cash drawer was opened, he pushed the attendant out of the way and grabbed money,” Glasson said.
Glasson said the clerk identified Jeffries’ vehicle as a silver Chevy pickup and described him as a dark-complected white male, in addition to recording the vehicle tag number.
Glasson said that Sergeant Mark Cossitt identified the vehicle, heading west on Highway 78 and, with the help of Mississippi Highway Patrol, made a traffic stop at the Hickory Flat exit.
Jeffries is being held without bond in the Union County Jail, because he is currently facing a robbery charge in DeSoto County.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...