Byhalia man arrested in strong-armed robbery
A Byhalia man has been arrested in connection with a strong-armed robbery that occurred at a New Albany convenience store Saturday night.
According to Chad Glasson, investigator with the New Albany Police Department, Thomas Blake Jefferies, 23, of 278 Kathleen Rd. in Byhalia, has been charged with strong-armed robbery.
Glasson said Jefferies entered the Exxon Express convenience store on Highway 30 West, across from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday.
“According to the clerk, he went to purchase a piece of candy and when the cash drawer was opened, he pushed the attendant out of the way and grabbed money,” Glasson said.
Glasson said the clerk identified Jeffries’ vehicle as a silver Chevy pickup and described him as a dark-complected white male, in addition to recording the vehicle tag number.
Glasson said that Sergeant Mark Cossitt identified the vehicle, heading west on Highway 78 and, with the help of Mississippi Highway Patrol, made a traffic stop at the Hickory Flat exit.
Jeffries is being held without bond in the Union County Jail, because he is currently facing a robbery charge in DeSoto County.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...