Bob Jones, 76
Bob Jones, 76, of Sherman, passed away Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at his residence.
He was born in Union County on Aug. 22, 1937, to George and Selma Floyd Jones. After graduation, he joined the military and proudly served his country as a Marine. He had lived in Sherman for the last 22 years. He had traveled the country as a truck driver. Larger than life, outspoken, loved to fuss and argue, but mostly he just loved spending time with his family that he dearly loved. His other past-time was football, and he was a die-hard Ole Miss football fan along with being a cowboy movie fan and an avid gardener.
Services were at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, at The Jefferson Street chapel of W.E. Pegues. Burial was in Sherman Cemetery.
Survivors include two sons, Rickey Jones of Belden and Bubba Jones (Tiffany) of Sherman; two daughters, Patricia Stilwell (Michael Windham) of Ripley and Pam Floyd (Tim) of Blue Springs; nine grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; two sisters, Margie Booth (Jerry) of Belden and Winnie Banker (Jim) of Saltillo; and brother-in-law, Dusty Smith.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Arleene Jones in 2008; his parents; two sisters; and one brother.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...