Noted composer, arranger to perform concert at ICC
Raymond K. Liebau of Malvern, Ark., pianist, composer, arranger and teacher, will perform at 6:30 p.m., Nov. 5, at the W.O. Benjamin Fine Arts Center auditorium at the Itawamba Community College Fulton Campus.
The recital, which will include Liebau’s original compositions or personal arrangements, is free and open to the public.
Liebau started piano lessons at an early age, and his studies culminated in bachelor and master of music degrees in piano performance from Florida State University. His piano teacher was Ernst von Dohnanyi, an internationally-known pianist, composer and conductor.
Liebau has appeared in both solo and duet recitals, accompanied a number of touring artists, composed three musicals, piano and vocal compositions and has concentrated on composing choral music. A number of his compositions have been performed in Europe as well as in the United States.
In addition, he has been an improviser for many years, playing light jazz and songs of the ’30s and ’40s. He has taught improvisation at the Mississippi Piano Camp and has given a number of workshops on that topic.
Before retiring after 30 years of teaching, Liebau received the Elsie M. Hood Outstanding Teacher Award in 1993.
Since moving to Malvern, Liebau has performed as soloist and accompanist for the Hot Springs Music Club, written several piano pieces and teaches piano. He has appeared several times in the Hot Springs Jazz Festival with student scholarship winners, and along with his wife, Ruth, has played many entertainment engagements.
About New Albany Gazette
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series