John Edd Hargrove, 68
John Edward Hargrove, 68, of Myrtle, died November 2, 2013 at his home.
He was born February 3, 1945 in New Albany to the late William Nazrie and Rosa Lee Hargrove. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church. He was a veteran of the National Guard and retired from Cooper Electrical Controls.
He was talented in various forms of craftsmanship from carving a basket, praying hands, etc., out of peach seeds to building his own house.
He had a great dry wit and was a man of few words. It was known when they were spoken they were full of meaning and many times wit. The few words were most likely due to the fact he never said a negative word about anyone.
The ability and talent John Edd had that surpassed all others was the immensely deep love he had and showed his family. One glance into his eyes and one second wrapped in his arms, without a word spoken, led to a flood of love that filled our hearts. This love which filled our hearts was enough to last a lifetime. For that, we are so grateful.
Services were at 11 a.m. Tuesday Nov. 5, at Macedonia Baptist Church at Myrtle.
He is survived by his wife, Mary Worley Hargrove; one daughter, Amanda “Mandi” McQuary; one son, John Christopher “Christer” Hargrove; one sister, Shirley Hargrove Gaines; five grandchildren: Madison McQuary, Hudson Hargrove, Samuel Hargrove, Mary Morgan Hargrove and Melody Hargrove; two step-grandchildren, who were also dear to him, Hunter McQuary and Hannah McQuary and an ex- son-in-law, Scott McQuary, who has been a tremendous help these past six years.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Gideons.
In honor of Mr. Hargrove’s service to his country, United Funeral Service flew the U.S. Army flag during his service.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...