Bicycle shop to open in New Albany next year
Beginning in late January, New Albany’s first bicycle shop will be opening and will be conveniently located at the Tanglefoot Trailhead in downtown New Albany.
The new business is named Trails and Treads and will be an additional location to the main store in Tupelo.
Trails and Treads will be moving into the current location of Bankhead Gallery and The Art of Dixie, across the street from New Albany City Hall and Van Atkins.
Harris Magruder, president of Trails and Treads, said, “We plan to sell bicycles, running shoes, fitness clothing and accessories from companies like Nike and Brooks. We will sell and rent bicycles, including road, mountain and hybrid bicycles and we will repair all types of bicycles, strollers, etc.”
Magruder said that this location was chosen because of the proximity to the Tanglefoot Trail.
“One of the main reasons for choosing New Albany is the growth and potential future growth of New Albany. Also, the people in Union County seem to do an excellent job of supporting local businesses, which we strongly encourage. A very active running/cycling community already exists in the area and we would like to expand it into the surrounding communities,” said Magruder.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...