TRP to perform ‘Hee Haw Country Christmas’
The Tallahatchie River Players are bringing back an old favorite this Christmas.
The New Albany troupe will perform its inaugural “Hee Haw Country Christmas” at 7 p.m. on Dec. 5 and 6, at the Magnolia Civic Center.
The show will feature some favorite characters from the long-running comedy show telling seasonal jokes and singing Christmas songs.
According to a TRP spokes person, the troupe is looking to revive earlier shows in honor of its upcoming 10th anniversary.
Tickets are $10 and will become available to the public on Monday, Nov. 25, at the New Albany Main Street Association office. Should there be any remaining seats available, the box office will be open at 6 p.m., one hour before the show on both nights.
A portion of the proceeds from the event will go toward “Sharing at Christmas.” Audience members are also asked to bring a new toy for either a girl or boy to be given to the charity. Representatives of TRP ask that these toys not be wrapped.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins swim past Eagles in opener August 20, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Home Run Derby August 25, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Wife accused of shooting husband six times August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...