By Martha Swindle
Sherman Baptist Church will be hosting the Community Thanksgiving Service Sunday, Nov. 24, at 11 a.m. with Sherman Grove, Sherman Methodist, and other area churches joining the service. The Sherman Baptist youths are planning a skit, and lunch will follow in the Activities Building. No evening services will be held that evening at Sherman Baptist.
Sherman’s Christmas parade will be Saturday, Dec. 7, at 2 p.m. Forms for participation may be picked up at Town Hall between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. L. N. and Norma Tollison have been selected as this year’s Grand Marshals.
Tri-County Baptist Church members will enjoy their Thanksgiving meal after morning worship services next Sunday, Nov. 24. There will be no services that evening.
Pam Garner, Sue Coker, and Danette Higgins attended the preachers’ conference held at the Unity Baptist Church Tuesday, Nov. 12. The speaker for the ladies was Mrs. Joyce Rogers, widow of Adrian Rogers.
The Sherman Church of Christ youths enjoyed their youth devo after the evening services Sunday night, Nov. 17, and went out to eat afterwards.
The Sherman Church of Christ members will have their Christmas party Saturday, Dec. 14, at the church fellowship hall.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...