Sharing with others
Thanksgiving is here tomorrow, for many of us a time for family gatherings, turkey, pumpkin pie and all the trimmings.
We hope at this time you will be thankful for what you have and also take a moment to share with others as we enter the holiday season.
We are talking about the Gazette’s Sharing at Christmas program, which is in its 39th year of providing food and toys to those in need in Union County.
A week or so before Christmas, volunteers will be fanning out across the county delivering a large food box, which includes everything needed (yes, there’s a turkey breast) for a holiday meal as well as toys for children to about 200 families who have qualified for assistance.
We are quite a distance from our fundraising goal of $15,000. But if those of us who can afford to make a contribution will, we will get there. A donation coupon appears in each issue of the Gazette.
You can fill it out as a regular donation, or as a donation from you or your family in honor of someone you know, or in memory of someone deceased. We’ll print the names and amounts in each issue. The newest donations always will appear on the top of the list.
Of course, if you prefer your contribution to be anonymous, just check the box on the coupon. We’ll honor your request.
We hope you’ll join the spirit of Thanksgiving by making a donation if you can.
All of us at the Gazette appreciate your support for Sharing at Christmas. Have a good Thanksgiving.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...