The new course put together with the support of the Toyota Wellspring Education Fund will provide an opportunity for high school students to determine whether they have an interest in health care as a career while earning college credit.
Twenty or more juniors and seniors in schools in Lee, Pontotoc and Union counties will be able to take the course beginning in the fall. Each high school is guaranteed at least one spot in the program, according to Dr. Charles Garrett, senior consultant at the CREATE Foundation.
The enrollment deadline is May 7 and the only cost to the student is $24 for enrollment processing. The course will be offered online but the students will spend one day at five different times at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
The course is financed by a grant from the fund in partnership with Northeast Mississippi Community College, the hospital and the CREATE Foundation of Tupelo.
This is the second innovative course developed with the help of Garrett and the Wellspring Education Fund. The other is a web application class being offered in partnership with Mississippi State University.
We think the Wellspring Education Fund is succeeding in developing practical courses for students in our three counties to take advantage of the Toyota-provided money.
We applaud the innovative thinking.
We hope New Albany and Union County school students take advantage of it.
About New Albany Gazette
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series