Home and garden
One of our favorite springtime events is coming up April 4 and 5 at the Union County Fairgrounds.
It’s the New Albany Home and Garden Show, which is sponsored by the Union County Master Gardeners group with help from the Mississippi State Extension Service.
What started on a relatively small scale has grown into a quality event that attracts more than 3,000 people, including a good number from out of town, to the fairgrounds. This is the sixth year of the event.
The show this year features 25 different programs, all of which are free except for the kickoff lunch at noon Friday, April 4, in the Ladies Building. Tickets need to be purchased ahead for the lunch, which this year features floral designers Catherine Strange and Diane Tate on the topic, “All Things Bright and Beautiful.”
There’s something on the program to suit nearly everyone, with topics that include attracting birds and butterflies, cultivating roses, beekeeping, growing sweet potatoes and making homemade wine among many others.
The events begin at noon Friday and end at noon on Saturday. More information can be gotten by calling the county extension office at 662-534-1916. The schedule will appear in the Gazette before the event and also in the new Union County Home & Garden magazine, which will be included in the Gazette next Friday, March 28.
We recommend the New Albany Home and Garden Show if you have a knack for gardening or would like to give it a try.
About New Albany Gazette
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...