A tower of support
The new water tower under construction near the intersection of State Highway 15 and Bankhead Street will dominate the landscape on the east side of New Albany.
The tower presents a unique opportunity for New Albany Light Gas & Water Department in cooperation with the city Board of Aldermen and the New Albany Schools to showcase citizen support for our city schools.
We think the tower, only a couple of blocks from New Albany High School, should have the words “New Albany Bulldogs” and the Bulldog logo painted on the tower.
It’s common for communities across the country that have strong citizen support for their public schools to put their school logo on a city water tower. New Albany’s new tower presents a perfect opportunity because it is so close to the school, where thousands of people from out of town who visit the school, particularly for sporting events, will see it.
New Albany is blessed with a quality public school system, without the scourge of any significant competing private schools. Our citizens show their support with their enthusiasm and their taxes.
We urge supporters of our city public schools to let our city and school officials know they want “New Albany Bulldogs” on our new water tower. If we need to raise some money to pay for it, we’re confident school boosters are up to it.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...