New water tank nearly complete
Workers were close to putting the finishing touches on the new 250,000-gallon water storage tank near the post office Wednesday despite having to work in sub-freezing temperatures. The tank will still need to be cleaned up and tested, and will receive a paint job. Mayor Tim Kent said the final appearance of the tank has drawn some controversy with more than one suggestion for its design. He said the construction contract calls for painting a bulldog design on opposing sides of the tank, representing the New Albany Bulldogs at the nearby high school. It has also been suggested that the tank be painted with a drawing of writer William Faulkner because of his birth here, and with a series of bicycle wheels to refer to Tanglefoot Trail. No decision has been made on the design, he said.
About Lynn West
- Overtime magic January 13, 2017
- Lee selected for Alcorn nursing program January 18, 2017
- Hillcrest Baptist Church to host Night to Shine Prom for people with special needs January 18, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- Planning can save 15 percent at grocer’s January 19, 2017
- Elementary students honor King January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...