Two events this week reminded us of the good work that the folks at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County do in outreach programs in our community.
On Monday the hospital conducted its annual Baby Fair, with lots of information, vendors, gifts and refreshments in the hospital lobby.
Parents and prospective parents could find out just about anything they needed to know from the groups represented.
More than 200 people turned out for this annual event, which the hospital has been doing for more than a decade.
Then a day later, the hospital staff offered free health screenings at the Baptist Healthplex on Fairfield Drive. Blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol, height, weight and body mass index measurements were made.
In addition, information about stroke prevention and gifts and refreshments rounded out the nearly day-long event.
Much planning and effort go into events such as the Baby Fair and the free health screenings projects. They don’t just happen; they are hard work for a lot of hospital staff members.
These are the kinds of events that make a non-profit hospital such as Baptist such a vital part of a community. We have said many times show fortunate we are to have a non-profit hospital rather than a private facility focused on profits.
We offer a community thank-you for the community outreach programs and the for the quality employees of our hospital who have a strong commitment to our community’s health.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...