Senior Citizens Day coming May 22
The Union County Sheriff’s Department will hold its annual Senior Citizens’ Day in the fairgrounds arena next Thursday, May 22.
The annual free event gets some grant support for funding and county officials volunteer to help cook and serve the fish dinners.
Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said seniors should arrive about 10 a.m., and food will be served a little later.
The program will include entertainment, as usual. In the past performers have included Kay Bain and Roy Caldwell.
Edwards said prizes will be given away, as usual, including weather radios and small fire extinguishers.
About Lynn West
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...