TIGERS TO INSTRUCT NEXT GENERATION OF BALLPLAYERS DURING SUMMER CAMP
Booneville, Miss. – With another banner season in the books, the Northeast Mississippi Community College baseball program is ready to pass its knowledge and winning mannerisms to the next generation of stars on the diamond.
The Tigers have scheduled their annual youth summer camp for May 26-28 at Harold T. White Field.
The three-day event is open to any student in the first-through-sixth grades. Several experienced area coaches and players will aid Northeast head coach Kent Farris in providing instruction during the camp.
In addition, members of 2014 Tiger baseball squad are slated to be in attendance as well as new players for the 2015 team to help direct the different drills and tasks.
Athletes who are present will learn the fundamentals of the sport while establishing the mental aspect of the game through sportsmanship, leadership and citizenship.
Boys will also have time to work on hitting, defense, pitching, base running and other essential techniques while participating in a fun and relaxing environment.
Individual guidance is given to help the campers correct faults or to perfect the skills that he is developing and practicing.
Northeast’s baseball camp begins at 9 a.m. each morning and concludes at noon with a break set for approximately halfway through each meeting. Every camper will be under constant supervision at all times.
Each participant is expected to bring their own gear, which includes but is not limited to athletic apparel, cleats, a uniform, a glove and a bat.
Campers are expected to comply with the rules and must follow instructions given by any advisor. A violation or abuse of camp policy will result in an immediate dismissal without any refund.
Registration is available through May 23 at a cost of $65 for the entire session. The tuition includes refreshments, a camp t-shirt and accident insurance.
To register, go to www.nemccathletics.com and completely fill out the brochure that is available to print. Please make checks payable to Northeast Mississippi Community College and send by mail to Kent Farris, Baseball, 101 Cunningham Blvd., Booneville, Miss., 38829.
For more information about the 2014 Northeast Baseball Camp, contact Farris at 662-720-7309 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, assistant coach Richy Harrelson at 662-720-7344 or by email at email@example.com or assistant coach Jon Andy Scott at 662-720-7223 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...