TIGERS TO INSTRUCT NEXT GENERATION OF BALLPLAYERS DURING SUMMER CAMP
Booneville, Miss. – With another banner season in the books, the Northeast Mississippi Community College baseball program is ready to pass its knowledge and winning mannerisms to the next generation of stars on the diamond.
The Tigers have scheduled their annual youth summer camp for May 26-28 at Harold T. White Field.
The three-day event is open to any student in the first-through-sixth grades. Several experienced area coaches and players will aid Northeast head coach Kent Farris in providing instruction during the camp.
In addition, members of 2014 Tiger baseball squad are slated to be in attendance as well as new players for the 2015 team to help direct the different drills and tasks.
Athletes who are present will learn the fundamentals of the sport while establishing the mental aspect of the game through sportsmanship, leadership and citizenship.
Boys will also have time to work on hitting, defense, pitching, base running and other essential techniques while participating in a fun and relaxing environment.
Individual guidance is given to help the campers correct faults or to perfect the skills that he is developing and practicing.
Northeast’s baseball camp begins at 9 a.m. each morning and concludes at noon with a break set for approximately halfway through each meeting. Every camper will be under constant supervision at all times.
Each participant is expected to bring their own gear, which includes but is not limited to athletic apparel, cleats, a uniform, a glove and a bat.
Campers are expected to comply with the rules and must follow instructions given by any advisor. A violation or abuse of camp policy will result in an immediate dismissal without any refund.
Registration is available through May 23 at a cost of $65 for the entire session. The tuition includes refreshments, a camp t-shirt and accident insurance.
To register, go to www.nemccathletics.com and completely fill out the brochure that is available to print. Please make checks payable to Northeast Mississippi Community College and send by mail to Kent Farris, Baseball, 101 Cunningham Blvd., Booneville, Miss., 38829.
For more information about the 2014 Northeast Baseball Camp, contact Farris at 662-720-7309 or by email at email@example.com, assistant coach Richy Harrelson at 662-720-7344 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or assistant coach Jon Andy Scott at 662-720-7223 or by email at email@example.com.
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...