New Albany Community Blood Drive at Walgreens
In Arlington Cemetery there are rows upon rows of silent reminders that the cost of freedom is high, that price for our liberty is paid with blood. Mississippi Blood Services (MBS) joins with the rest of our nation to honor these fallen heroes who throughout our history gave their lives for our country. Monday, May 26, is the national holiday set aside to honor these men and women who gave their lives for us. One of the best ways to pay tribute to them is to help the living and when you donate blood you are giving a piece of yourself so that another may live.
There will be a community blood drive in New Albany on Wednesday, May 21, from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. The MBS Donor Coach will the Walgreens. All donors will receive a T-shirt and a gift card (while supplies last). Donors can now check their overall cholesterol levels on their MBSConnect account.
“Our fallen military men and women gave their lives for us, people they didn’t know, people who weren’t even born yet,” Susan Ates, MBS Public Relations Specialist, said. “Blood donors give a little bit of themselves to strangers so they can live. It’s not the same thing, of course, but it is a great way to honor our fallen heroes, to say: ‘You gave your life so I could be free, so I’m giving a little bit of myself so someone else might appreciate your gift a little longer, too.’”
Donating blood is safe, simple and it saves lives. Donors must be at least 17 years old (16 years old with signed parental consent, visit our Web site for a copy of the form), weigh at least 110 pounds and have a valid ID. Visit us at msblood.com or call us at (888) 90-BLOOD (902-5663) for information. You can also visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/give2live and follow MSbloodservices on Twitter. Saving lives for 35.
About New Albany Gazette
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert