By Martha Swindle
Sherman Aldermen Randy Bolen and Martha Swindle and Town Attorney Kirk Tharp with their spouses attended the CDF Annual Meeting Thursday, May 8, at the Tupelo Furniture Market Building 6 in Tupelo.
Congratulations to Courtney Foster and Casey McBrayer on their upcoming wedding next Saturday, May 24, at Sherman Church of Christ.
Family and Friends Day is Sunday, June 8, at Sherman Church of Christ.
Sherman Grove Baptist Church and the Mommie Me Time Organization are helping build bridges for the youths of the future and communities with a walkathon Saturday, May 31, from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Ballard Park in Tupelo. Cost is $20 for adults and $10 for children. T-shirts will be on sale for $11. Everyone is invited to come help make this a success!
A joint community service will be held at Sherman Grove Baptist Church Sunday, June 8.
Senior Recognition Sunday to honor all graduating seniors was held Sunday, May 18, at Sherman Baptist with lunch following in the Activities Building. Those honored were Sherry Armour, Itawamba Community College; Sam Buchanan, North Pontotoc; Austin Jumper, North Pontotoc; Cade Albino, North Pontotoc; Melaya Myers, East Union, Taylor Buse, Tupelo High; and Benjamin Spencer, Beville State Community College.
A potato bake will be held Sunday, June 1, after the morning worship service at Sherman Baptist. All proceeds go to the youth fund for their youth trip.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Henry Lee Wade, 78, who died Monday, May 5, at his home.
Sympathy is extended to Mary Nell and Bud Beasley in the death of her brother, Arthur Lee Thomas 77, who passed away Tuesday, May 6, at his home in Blue Mountain.
Sympathy is extended to Peggy and Wayne Turner in the death of her sister, Cleta Vinson, 95, who died Tuesday, May 6, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Frances Ruth Ballard Bruce, 78, who died Friday, May 9, at her residence in Sherman.
Sympathy is extended to Debbie Mask in the death of her stepmother, Barbara Miller Kelly, 73, who died Saturday, May 10, at her residence.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Earnest Comer, 84, who died Sunday, May 18, at his residence in Sherman after a lengthy illness.
About New Albany Gazette
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert