B. F. Ford, Union County Training School reunion set for this weekend
Union County Training School and B.F. Ford School will be holding the 43rd annual reunion celebration this Friday and Saturday.
On Friday night at 6 p.m. hospitality night and a fish fry will be held in the B.F. Ford Gymnasium. This is sponsored by the Class of 1964.
Beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday will be the annual Union County Training School and B.F. Ford School parade. The parade will begin at 10 a.m. and will start at the Boys and Girls Club of New Albany parking lot, located at 507 Oak Street. The line-up will begin at 9:45 a.m.
The route will be as follows: Take a left onto Oak Street. The New Albany High School Band will merge at the corner of Glade Street and Oak Street. Follow West on Oak Street down to Camp Street, then take a right onto Camp Street
until arriving at Bankhead Street, then take a left onto Bankhead Street at the Union County Development Association building, then follow Bankhead Street to the Tallahatchie River bridge, take a left onto Main Street to Union Appliance and Furniture store on West Main Street, then take a right to the Union County Library parking lot for dismissal. The distance of parade route is 1.4 miles.
After the parade, “Fun in the Park” will be held at noon at Shady Dell Park. There will be food, fun, activities for children, and a softball game.
At 6 p.m., a banquet and a dance will be held at the B.F. Ford Gymnasium. Music will be provided by “Unknown DJ.”
For more information, contact Elaine Johnson at 662-316-0972.
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...