Hello to all, especially to Dovie Jones who was seriously hurt last Sunday evening in a tractor accident. I apologize to Dovie because last week I listed him as Dovie Tidwell. However his mother’s maiden name was Bessie Tidwell. Last I heard the doctors want to move him out of ICU at Tupelo this Monday morning.
Well, last Wednesday Annie Ruth White and Glen Ford of the Buena Vista School buried another of their classmates, Mamie Keenum Hodges, who was buried at Dumas Cemetery.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Houston Richey who was buried at Wallerville Cemetery Friday. He had many friends in several counties.
Sympathy also to the family of Kenneth Golding who died Saturday morning at his home. He was dispatcher for Mohasco trucking.
Please pray for these as they grieve. Loved ones are passing each day and hour.
The Young at Heart of Pleasant Ridge will meet May 28 at 10:30 a.m. for their regular monthly meeting. Connie Haley is in charge of the program. Come join us and enjoy the fun, food and fellowship.
Jamie and I enjoyed a fun day with the Dumas senior adults Tuesday on a trip to the cheese plant at Starkville. Well, really it was at Mississippi State University. That place has really grown in the last 30 years.
Kristin Swords, granddaughter of Annie Lois Pannell, won the archery competition nationwide in California during the weekend. Ann said, “I am so proud of her.”. Well, of course she is.
Robbie and Lauren Frazier and Dwaine and Paula McCullough were visitors here Saturday night.
May God bless you and have a nice day.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...