Latham’s Hamburger Inn named Best Burger in the State by the Business Insider
Business Insider, an online publication with a monthly readership of over 20 million, has named Latham’s Hamburger Inn in New Albany as the Best Burger in Mississippi in an article celebrating “National Hamburger Month.” The article, titled “Best Burgers in the US,” has a list of burgers from each state…from Alabama to Wyoming. The best burger listed for Mississippi is Latham’s Hamburger Inn in New Albany. The description reads: “LATHAM’S Hamburger Inn in New Albany serves the Southern dough burger, a patty with flour mixed into the meat that is then fried on a cast-iron skillet for extra crunch.”
Wally Rakestraw, owner of Latham’s Hamburger Inn says, “We were surprised and delighted to see that we had made the list. I remember when the guy was in here. I noticed him taking pictures of not just the décor, but of other people’s food. I spoke to him and he said that he was doing this story…traveling through the country looking at out-of-the way places. He told me that he was driving through the area and asked around people told him to come here. I’m very happy that he did.”
The article was posted to Facebook on Wednesday and has already received 2.5 million views. Sean Johnson, New Albany’s director of marketing and tourism immediately posted it to the ILOVENA Facebook page where it has received over 200 “likes,” 126 shares and has reached over 17,000 people in the area.
“This is the best kind of publicity that we can have,” says Johnson. “To have over two million people read a positive story about New Albany having the best of something is a wonderful thing.”
The full article from Business Insider can be found at http://www.businessinsider.com/best-burgers-in-the-us-2014-5.
About New Albany Gazette
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series