By Lou McQuary
James Treadaway, cousin to Mrs. Ruby Jones, died last week. He was Miss Ruby’s last remaining cousin on the Treadaway side of the family. He lived in New Albany. His service was at United Funeral Home.
Graduation was at West Union School on Friday, May 23. Twenty five graduates graduated. It is hard to believe another year is in the books!!
Chase Bogue played Saturday, May 24, in the NEMCABB all star game at Corinth. He hit nine homeruns this past year. I know Coach Ashley Russell is really going to miss him on the lineup next year. Chase is the son of Shonda and Jeremy Bogue and the grandson of Pat Churchill.
During our Sunday worship hour Pam Ferguson sang a beautiful special, “I’ll Be Back.” Pam has such a beautiful voice, and I always enjoy hearing her sing. She is one of my former students. I taught her in Junior High Math at West Union when Larry and I first moved to West Union in 1967.
Larry and I went to Eupora on Sunday afternoon to see our granddaughters perform in their piano recital. Anna Claire is 11 and has just completed the sixth grade, and Abbie is 7 and has just completed the second grade. We are very proud of their ability to play the piano. After the recital we went to Jack and Nicole’s home and then went to church with them Sunday night. They had a cookout with their members at their church. We enjoyed visiting with our son and his family as well as his church members. We are very proud of Jack and Nicole and their devotion to Jesus.
Terry Foley is progressing wonderfully since he was diagnosed with CML leukemia a few weeks ago. When he went in the hospital his blood count was dangerously high, but the chemo the doctors put him on has brought his blood count down to normal. He was taking 6 pills a day, and now he is on 2 pills a day. The doctors are working on a maintenance dose for him to take so he can get the leukemia under control We are all rejoicing over Terry’s progress!!
During the month of June, Macedonia is going to have a very special program, CPR(Christ’s Plan for Relationships.) It will be taught by Bro. Bert and Mrs. Jan Harper. It will be held June 1st, 8th, 15nd, and 22nd from 9-10 am in the old church sanctuary. This is during the Sunday school hour. The classes are for College and Career through Adult classes and for anyone else who would like to attend. You don’t have to be a member of a Sunday school class to attend. I encourage anyone who can to take advantage of this opportunity. I know it is going to be a blessing. We have been blessed with Bro. Bert since he has been our interim pastor. Larry and I attended a conference Bro. Bert and Jan put on at Hillcrest in New Albany a few weeks ago, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. You never get too old to learn!!
Jennifer and Chris Childers will be honored with a baby shower on Sunday, June 22 at Macedonia Baptist Church Fellowship Hall from 2-3:30pm. It is a girl!!!
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do but someone you raise. Andy Stanley
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...