Saturday noon deadline for absentee voting
Anyone who wants to cast an absentee ballot for the congressional party primaries next Tuesday, June 3, must do so by noon Saturday.
Mailed-in ballots can be received as late as 5 p.m. Monday, the day before the elections, but Saturday would likely be too late for mailing one and being certain it will be received in time.
Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford’s office will be open from 8 to 5 Tuesday though Friday and from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 31, for the convenience of absentee voters.
Voters may choose either the Democratic or Republican primary since the vote is actually a nominating process rather than general election.
On the ballots will be candidates for U. S. Senate and U. S. House of Representative, First Congressional District.
If no candidate receives more than 50 percent of the vote, those with the two highest totals will face each other in a runoff June 24. Nominees from June 3 and 24 will be on the Nov. 4 general election ballot along with independent and third-party candidates.
Republican voters will have to choose Thomas L. Carey, incumbent Thad Cochran or Chris McDaniel for senator while incumbent Alan Nunnelee is unopposed for the House seat in the primary.
Democratic voters will have to choose Travis W. Childers, William Bond Compton Jr., Bill Marcy or Jonathan Rawl for senator and Ron E. Dickey or Rex N. Weathers for the House seat.
About Lynn West
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert