Schools having to make up for days lost to weather, biodiesel fire this week after Memorial Day
Both city and county schools missed days this year, mostly due to weather, and will have to make them up this week.
The county schools had missed two days earlier due to weather and Assistant Principal Ron Scott said at the time, “We made one up Monday, on Presidents Day…The tentative date to make up the other is May 27.” As a result, county students will have a full day of classes Tuesday, the day after Memorial Day, but school officials have also scheduled a 60-percent day for Wednesday, May 28.
That’s the week following graduation and the day after Memorial Day.
The alternative would have been to use Good Friday as a make-up day “and we’re not going to do that,” Scott said then.
New Albany students have three full days to make up: Tuesday, May 27, Wednesday, May 28 and Thursday, May 29.
They missed three days due to weather but missed a fourth because of the danger of toxic smoke from the biodiesel fire north of the high school in January.
One of the days was made up on Presidents Day, the same as the county schools.
City Superintendent Jackie Ford said school officials considered using Good Friday and the following day, Saturday, or part of spring break for make-up days but ultimately are using much the same plan as the county district.
About Lynn West
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...