Water fun for children
The children’s spray park at BNA Bank Park has begun its fifth year of operation, opening last Saturday in time for the Memorial Day weekend.
The park, which has become a favorite summer activity for many small children, will be open from noon until 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Admission is $4 per child and up to 40 children can be accommodated for each two-hour session.
The spray park can be reserved for private parties from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and from 2 to 3:30 p.m. on Sundays.
We think it is unfortunate that the park is not open to the general public on Sundays, and instead reserved only for private parties.
The opening of the spray park also is a reminder that another year has come and gone without the city constructing a public swimming pool.
We think a pool is an essential park of a city recreation program and making sure our children learn to swim is a responsibility of our city and county governments as well as our schools.
The city finally has approved money for a feasibility study, but the study has not yet gotten under way.
In the meantime, small children in our area can enjoy the spray park. It has become a popular fixture at BNA Bank Park.
About New Albany Gazette
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...