Water fun for children
The children’s spray park at BNA Bank Park has begun its fifth year of operation, opening last Saturday in time for the Memorial Day weekend.
The park, which has become a favorite summer activity for many small children, will be open from noon until 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Admission is $4 per child and up to 40 children can be accommodated for each two-hour session.
The spray park can be reserved for private parties from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and from 2 to 3:30 p.m. on Sundays.
We think it is unfortunate that the park is not open to the general public on Sundays, and instead reserved only for private parties.
The opening of the spray park also is a reminder that another year has come and gone without the city constructing a public swimming pool.
We think a pool is an essential park of a city recreation program and making sure our children learn to swim is a responsibility of our city and county governments as well as our schools.
The city finally has approved money for a feasibility study, but the study has not yet gotten under way.
In the meantime, small children in our area can enjoy the spray park. It has become a popular fixture at BNA Bank Park.
About New Albany Gazette
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert