Fossil Road Show returns to museum June 14
The Fossil Road Show is set for Saturday, June 14, at the Union County Heritage Museum and as at events past, paleontologists from across the state will gather to look at the objects and science of Mississippi’s rich fossil history. The event begins at 10 a.m. and will end at 2 p.m. Paleontologist from the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science George Phillips will lecture on “The Fossil History of Mississippi” – A brief exploration of some 400 million years of Mississippi’s paleontological past and accompanying changes in our state’s landscape, at 11 a.m. Other scientists from the University of Mississippi and other schools as well as the Memphis Geology and Mineral society and the North Mississippi Gem and Mineral Society will be on hand as vendors and collectors. Featured this year will be Carol Lybanon, stained-glass and gem and mineral artist from Memphis, who will bring works where she incorporated geodes, agates and other colorful gems, minerals and objects into her pieces of art work. She uses themes in nature, dancing and her spirituality in her artwork. W. C. McDaniel from the Memphis Gem and Mineral Society and the Baldwins will return with their geode cracker. Anyone who has an object that they would like to show or to have identified by the experts is encouraged to bring them to the event. For more information call the museum at 662-538-0014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . One of the works of art by Carol Lybanon, who will be an artist featured at the event.
About New Albany Gazette
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert