Reception honors Teacher of Year King
New Albany School Trustee Bernice Bailey, right, congratulates Mary Margarett King for her selection as teacher of the year for the State of Mississippi. King was honored with a reception in the Magnolia Room of the civic center Tuesday afternoon, attended by fellow educators, friends and family. King, who teaches several English classes at New Albany High School, received a $5,000 award with the selection, also an iPad, and will go to the White House next May for a rose garden ceremony with the President and First Lady. She also will attend workshops and other functions speaking on behalf of teachers statewide.
About Lynn West
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...