Reception honors Teacher of Year King
New Albany School Trustee Bernice Bailey, right, congratulates Mary Margarett King for her selection as teacher of the year for the State of Mississippi. King was honored with a reception in the Magnolia Room of the civic center Tuesday afternoon, attended by fellow educators, friends and family. King, who teaches several English classes at New Albany High School, received a $5,000 award with the selection, also an iPad, and will go to the White House next May for a rose garden ceremony with the President and First Lady. She also will attend workshops and other functions speaking on behalf of teachers statewide.
About Lynn West
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...