Churches organizing community freedom celebration
Several area churches are getting together to give the community a freedom celebration this year.
The event will be Sunday, June 29, at the Union County Courthouse.
A picnic will start the program at 5:30 p.m. with hamburgers or hot dogs provided and those attending are invited to bring coolers and lawn chairs (no alcohol is permitted on courthouse property). There will be bouncers for the kids as well.
A combined choir with about 200 members will perform between 6 and 6:30 p.m., accompanied by special lighting and video. Don Chandler and Mark Mathis are working with the group.
The main program will be by Dennis Swanberg of Monroe. La., who has been described as “America’s minister of entertainment,” and has Swanberg Christian Ministries.
Swanberg also will present a program during the morning worship service at First Baptist Church at 10:30 a.m.
There will be no admission charge but an offering will be taken to help defray expenses. “We just want to break even if we can,” First Baptist Pastor Greg Spencer said. “This is just something we need to do for the community.”
Churches participating include Bethlehem United Methodist Church, First Baptist Church, First United Methodist Church, Fredonia Baptist Church, Hillcrest Baptist Church, Ingomar Baptist Church and New Birth Church.
Sometimes known as “The Swan,” Swanberg has been host of “The Dennis Swanberg Show” on TBN, “Swan’s Place” on FamNet Affiliates and “Dennis Swanberg Comedy Hour” on Salem Radio. He has written several books including “Is Your Love Tank Full,” “Man Does Not Live by Sports Alone,” “The Man Code,” and “Why A.D.H.D. Doesn’t Mean Disaster.”
He has appeared at churches all over the country and with the Dr. Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Focus on the Family programs, John Hagee Ministries, Gaither Homecoming, Trinity Broadcasting and 700 Club, among others.
About Lynn West
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series