Two in custody in pawn shop break-in
Police Investigator Chad Glasson said that officers have two suspects in custody in connection with the burglary of the Beneficial Pawn Shop on West Bankhead Saturday, June 7, during which 18 handguns were stolen.
He declined to release further specific information at this time, citing a “wide-scale multi-agency investigation” that is continuing in the case.
“Officers have been working day and night on this and the investigation is covering a wider area than we first expected,” he said.
Efforts are continuing to get all the guns back and keep them off the street, Glasson added, and more information about those involved may be available next week.
About Lynn West
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...