Mayor reported doing well after freak accident
New Albany Mayor Tim Kent was reported recuperating at home and possibly will be allowed to return to work next week. The monthly meeting of the board of aldermen will be Tuesday.
Kent was airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center Tuesday night, June 17, where he underwent emergency surgery following a freak accident.
He was struck in the neck by a four-inch piece of steel he was working with using a grinder, even though he was wearing protective gear.
Kent’s son, Austin, was in the shop when the accident occurred and immediately took the mayor to the emergency room at Baptist Memorial Hospital. There, after working to stabilize Kent, doctors determined he needed to be airlifted to Tupelo for surgery.
Kent’s injuries would have been much more severe if the path of the metal had been even an inch different, doctors said. They expressed concerns about possible nerve or voice box damage but none have been reported.
Kent was released from the hospital Thursday. The accident occurred as the mayor was in the process of restoring an old Jeep.
About Lynn West
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...