Myrtle police want help in tire thefts
Myrtle law enforcement is asking for the public’s help in solving a string of tire thefts that have occurred over the past year.
Chief of Police Jim White said the crimes have all been at Beaudron’s Tires, at 1713 Hwy. 78 West, next to the Quik Stop.
Several were reported over the past year and, more recently, a theft was reported on May 31, one on June 1 and another on June 6. “They have always been taking tires stored out back,” White said, usually after 10 p.m. to midnight and before 3 a.m.
Among the tires take were four 295x70x17 medium gauge valued at about $600, 10 11Rx24.5 larger tires valued at about $2,000, seven 295x75x22.5 low-profile tires valued at about $1,400 and some aluminum rims.
“He has easily lost $10,000 or more,” White said. The store does not have a video security system and the items taken were not insured, White added.
Whoever is taking the tires would be charged with grand larceny.
White said anyone who has seen anything that might help solve the case may call him in confidence at 662-988-2220. He also has submitted the case to Crimestoppers of North Mississippi and that phone number is 1-800-773-TIPS (1-800-773-8477) where you may earn a reward.
About Lynn West
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...