MDEQ awards waste tire grant to Three Rivers
The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has awarded the Three Rivers Solid Waste Management Authority a $59,000 waste tire grant to continue the local waste tire collection program for small quantity generators of waste tires in Calhoun, Itawamba, Lee, Monroe, Pontotoc and Union Counties.
Funding for waste tire grants is provided by a waste tire account funded from a fee charged on the wholesale sale of every new motor vehicle tire sold in Mississippi. This fee provides the funds to ensure and encourage the proper management and disposal of waste tires.
Information about this grant program and other solid waste initiatives and programs is available at www.deq.state.ms.us/solidwaste.
About New Albany Gazette
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...