Dealer and Xplorers battle to tie in Cotton States
The DeSoto Xplorers rallied for four runs in the top of the sixth inning to tie the Northwest MS Dealers in Thursday’s high school Cotton States action. The Dealers led most of the game before the big sixth inning for DeSoto.
The Xplorers had only two hits in the sixth, but took advantage of two walks, a hit batter and a fielder’s choice to score the four runs after entering the inning down 6-2.
The Dealers got a man on in the bottom half of the sixth on a two-out single, but the base runner was thrown out attempting to steal second to end the contest.
First inning play saw the Xplorers take the early 2-0 lead in the top of the frame, but the Dealers came back with three runs in the bottom of the inning to take the lead.
The Dealers added two runs in the second inning and Riley Bogue of West Union contributed with his RBI single to extend the lead to 5-2.
The Dealers added their final run in the bottom of the fourth as they loaded the bases with two outs. A hit batter scored the run, but the Dealers left the bases loaded when the inning ended on a strikeout.
Record for the team following the tie are DeSoto Xplorers 3-2-1 and Northwest MS Dealers 1-3-2. Union County players on the Dealers are Bogue and Brayden Robbins.
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...