Arts, Beats & Eats
The fourth annual Arts, Beats & Eats, one of New Albany’s best social events, is just a couple of days away. It’s set for 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at the In Bloom event hall.
We expect a big crowd will turn out for this somewhat dressy, upscale event that features juried artists, music, food and fun.
The New Albany Main Street Association started the event as part of its plan to entice more people downtown and “help grow the arts in the community,” according to Vickie Duke, the association’s manager.
The event not only has been successful locally, but also has won an award for ‘Best Art Event” from the Mississippi Main Street Association.
A variety of local artists will have their works on display and for sale and local restaurants will be on hand to showcase an item or two from their menus. Cash prizes are awarded to the Best in Show Artist, Most Creative Artist and Best in Show Restaurant.
While browsing through the artwork, attendees will be able to listen to the Bonfire Orchestra, the well-known musical group from Tupelo.
This event has become the place to showcase the talent of the local community.
Tickets are on sale now for $10 at the Main Street office at 135 East Bankhead St. or they can be purchased at the door.
It’s a great chance to hobnob with friends in a social setting and have some fun while supporting the association’s work.
See you there.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...