Nance retires from Department of Corrections
The Mississippi Department of Corrections honored New Albany resident Jim Nance Thursday marking his retirement after 29 years in law enforcement.
A reception was held in the circuit courtroom attended by local and regional MDOC staff as well as local friends and law enforcement personnel.
Nance had been a deputy with the Union County Sheriff’s Department for 10 years before moving to the MDOC, where he was a field officer supervisor. Nance was presented with letters of appreciation and commendation and received a special Distinguished Service Coin from the Commissioner of Public Safety, Christopher Epps.
“Jim has been a friend of the court for many years and we are going to miss him,” District Attorney Ben Creekmore said.
“I will miss all the staff interaction and have tried to help everyone however I could,” Nance said. “I was not trying to send folks to prison; I was trying to keep them out and change their lives for the better.”
Nance worked in MDOC Region 1 Area 2, which includes all of the Third and part of the Seventeenth Judicial District, which comprises about 50 staff positions.
Nance’s plans include providing security at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County.
With Nance, center, are Ken Valentine, left, previous Community Corrections Associate Director and Community Corrections Director and Scottie Pannell, Community Corrections Associate Director.
About Lynn West
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...