Neighbor charged with attempted burglary and assault
A New Albany man is free on $50,000 bond, accused of attempting to break into a neighbor’s apartment and injure her.
Charged with attempted burglary of an occupied dwelling with intent to assault is Michael Demilio, 45, of 305B Madison St. The victim, who was not identified, lives in the other side of the duplex at 305A Madison.
Investigator Chad Glasson said police were first called to the address this past Friday over what appeared to be a domestic dispute. Then, on Sunday, the victim called officers saying Demilio was trying to break in through her front door and was armed with what was later determined to be a homemade knife.
“She managed to get the door closed and called police,” Chief Chris Robertson said. Demilio fled in his vehicle but was taken into custody back at his residence a short time later, Glasson said.
“We’re not sure whether maybe alcohol was involved or he was just mad that she called the police on him,” Robertson said, as the investigation continued.
The victim had only been living in the apartment since May and had no other connection with the suspect other than being a neighbor, the chief said. She was not injured in the incident.
About Lynn West
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series