Union County BMG clinics set to go live with electronic health record system
Baptist Medical Group-New Albany Pediatrics and Baptist Medical Group-New Albany Surgical Associates will go live Friday, Aug. 1, with Baptist OneCare, Baptist’s new electronic health record that began rolling out in phases throughout the 14-hospital system in January 2014.
Through Baptist OneCare, patients of the respective groups will have access to MyChart, a free app accessible via Smartphone or computer that allows patients to schedule appointments, refill prescriptions, direct message their care providers with the option of including photos, access lab results and much more for themselves or dependents (such as elderly parents or children) in their care.
“Having Baptist OneCare, particularly the MyChart app, will help us deliver more efficient care by allowing the patient to take a more active role in their care and the care of their children,” said Dr. Lauren Simpson, pediatrician with BMG-New Albany Pediatrics.
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County is scheduled to go live Dec. 1.
Baptist OneCare will create a single patient record that both caregivers and patients will be able to access. The EHR aims to maximize efficiency by reducing the need for duplicate tests and patients having to give the same information to multiple caregivers, according to Beverly Jordan, vice president and chief clinical transformation officer at Baptist. Patient privacy is protected the same way it would be with a written record.
Patients can learn more at baptistonecare.org.
About New Albany Gazette
- Hurricane news January 10, 2017
- Letter: Progress only happens when we all work together January 12, 2017
- Cong. Kelly named to Armed Services, Agriculture committees January 12, 2017
- Eastern Lights January 12, 2017
- Know Your Neighbor Better January 12, 2017
- Massengill lifts Lady Eagles into championship game; EU wins behind free throws January 17, 2017
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Overtime magic January 13, 2017
- City school superintendent Jackie Ford to retire January 12, 2017
- 2017 Ingomar Homecoming Court January 12, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...