Tickets on sale for RiverFest literary kickoff luncheon
Tickets are now on sale for the fourth annual Tallahatchie RiverFest Kickoff Community Luncheon, which will be held Friday, Sept. 26, in the event hall of First United Methodist Church.
John H. Hailman, author of a new book and a federal prosecutor in Mississippi for more than 30 years, will be the speaker. He will relate anecdotes from his book, “From Midnight to Guntown: True Crime Stories from a Prosecutor in Mississippi.
During the luncheon, which is sponsored by the Tallahatchie RiverFest Association, awards will be presented to winners of the annual William Faulkner Literary Competition.
The competition includes categories for best short story by adults/college age students, best one-act play, best novel and best short story by a high school student. Cash prizes totaling $4,700 are awarded through grants from Eric Saul of Brentwood, Tenn., and the New Albany Gazette.
A record number of entries has been received this year, including from as far away as Australia, in the contest, said Lynn Madden of the literary association.
The luncheon will begin at noon in the event hall at the church. All tickets are sold in advance; none will be available at the door. Individual tickets are $15, but reserved tables for eight may be purchased for $100.
Tickets can be purchased at the Union County Development Association, 135 East Bankhead St., or at the Union County Heritage Museum, 114 Cleveland St.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...