Etta man faces seven counts of sexual battery
Sheriff’s deputies arrested an Etta man Monday, charging him with seven counts of sexual battery.
Brad Martin, 36, of 2046 State Hwy. 30 West, remained in custody with bond set at $350,000 during Monday’s initial appearance.
Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said the bond was so high because of the potential severity of a sentence upon conviction. Depending on the ages of a suspect and victim, up to a life sentence could be possible, he said.
Edwards said their investigation began Thursday evening this past week and continued through the weekend, leading to Martin’s arrest Monday.
The sheriff said the charges relate to a series of abuse that has been going on for more than a year, involving a female victim under age 16.
“They finally decided to contact the authorities and get it stopped,” the sheriff said.
The suspect has no felony criminal record officers are aware of, Edwards added.
About Lynn West
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...