Man attempts to take car at knifepoint
A Memphis man was in Union County Jail Wednesday, accused of trying to take a car at knifepoint.
Jerry Martize Mason, 40, is charged with attempted armed robbery and his bond was set at $50,000.
Police investigator Jeff Chism said the incident happened about 4 a.m. Wednesday at the Kangaroo on Hwy. 15 South.
According to Chism, a local woman walked out the front door of the store where she was confronted by a black male who asked for her car keys.
“She said no and he produced a knife and asked again,” Chism said. “ She turned and ran into the store and called police.”
Officers arrived quickly and set up a perimeter and later found the suspect at the Pilot Truck Stop across the street. The knife used in the alleged robbery attempt was also recovered, Chism said.
The suspect was apparently just dropped off in New Albany and had no ties here as far as officers can determine. They were still looking into his background Wednesday afternoon.
About Lynn West
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert