CREATE to host career readiness community forums
CREATE’s Toyota Wellspring Advisory Committee will host a community forum in New Albany next week to discuss the need for improvement in K-12 career awareness and readiness in public schools.
The forum, set for 5:15 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 20, at Magnolia Civic Center, will be one of three to be held in Union, Pontotoc and Lee counties.
MDC, Inc. of Durham, North Carolina has been retained to analyze the region’s current career readiness assets and to develop a plan that will lead to a stronger career readiness system for the K-12 students in Lee, Pontotoc, and Union Counties. CREATE’s Toyota Wellspring Advisory Committee is interested in community input and support as the components of this initiative are being put together.
“We want to talk about a comprehensive initiative we believe can truly lift our school systems to new heights,” said Sean Suggs, vice president of administration for Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi and a member of the committee.
Between now and November, MDC, Inc. will deliver a baseline assessment, review local data, interview key stakeholders, study the local workforce and convene focus groups.
The organization will deliver a final report designed to help a leadership council focus its priorities.
The organization aims to help communities close the gaps that separate people from opportunity and success. Spokesmen with CREATE say the goal is to ensure children from the region not only reach their top earning potential, but also stay in the region and thrive.
Other community forums will be held at 5:15 p.m., Monday, Aug. 18, at Pontotoc Ridge Career & Technology Center, 354 Center Ridge Dr. in Pontotoc and at 7:30 a.m., Tuesday, Aug. 19, at CREATE Foundation, 213 West Main St. in Tupelo.
CREATE Foundation is asking for community input on this topic.
About Lynn West
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert