Hospital health fair
School has begun and that means it is time for the Back to School Health Fair at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County.
About 1,000 people, including as many has 500 children, are expected to turn out at the hospital from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, for a free health check, dental check, vision screening and a variety of other activities. The event is geared toward children from infant to 12 years old.
It’s the 25th year of this event that has become one of the largest health fairs in the state. And this year the United Way of Northeast Mississippi has lent its support with help in providing school supplies and backpacks for school-age children
In addition to the screenings, educational information will be available on topics such as swimming, sun safety, bully prevention, and a long list of other activities.
Children may also bring their dolls and teddy bears for a free checkup by a doctor.
The hospital will be offering free hotdogs, drinks and snacks as well.
Nancy Kidd, director of marketing and physician relations at the hospital, said the goal of the fair is to catch early health problems, provide lots of information about nutrition and safety and have fun while doing it.
Many hospital and community volunteers are involved in the program, which is put together by Kidd and and the hospital staff.
The health fair is but another example of how fortunate New Albany is to have a responsible, non-profit hospital in the community.
We appreciate Baptist’s ongoing commitment to a community children’s health fair.
About New Albany Gazette
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series