Two charged with theft of items from West Side discount store
New Albany police have charged two area men with grand larceny, accusing them of taking tools from HMC Sales at 910 Hwy. 30 West.
Arrested were Matthew Jordan of Blue Springs and Julian Washington of Pontotoc County.
Investigator Jeff Chism said the crime happened Aug. 9. The suspects waited in the back of the large building until no one was around and then set about $1,200 worth of tools out behind the building, later pulling around back in their car, picking up the items and leaving, according to Chism.
The store was equipped with video surveillance and it turned out that investigator David Robertson was acquainted with one of the suspects and was able to identify him immediately, as well as his car.
Officers went to Jordan’s residence and arrested him, learning the identity of the other suspect, who was taken into custody later.
Chism said all but three of the items stolen have been recovered.
Jordan was reported released on $5,000 while Washington’s bond was set at $10,000 and the Mississippi Department of Corrections had placed a hold on him because of his criminal record.
About Lynn West
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...