Clean up after dogs
We thought awhile about whether this is a subject that warranted an editorial. In the end, we decided to have a go at it. The subject is dog waste or dog excrement or, for those of us not given to euphemisms, dog poop.
Dog poop can be a problem, especially if it is not your dog and not your yard. Or, even worse, on a public sidewalk.
The reason why we bring it up now is because of continuing reports of the sidewalks in the downtown area being littered with dog poop, sometimes right in front of the doors of businesses.
Whether you are a resident or visitor, it’s not something you expect to see on the sidewalks, especially in high foot traffic areas.
Now, don’t get the wrong impression. We’re certainly not against dogs. We love dogs. And we’re certainly not against walking them. It’s good for the dog, and given our propensity in Mississippi to be a little overweight, probably even better for the owner.
But we are in favor of picking up after your dog. With today’s handy plastic dog-poop pick-up bags, it’s easy. There is no mess.
We encourage you to walk your dog and to get a supply of the handy bags and use them. Our neighborhoods and our downtown sidewalks will be cleaner.
It’s the right thing to do.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...