Get lunch tickets now
The deadline is fast approaching for getting your tickets to the fourth annual Tallahatchie RiverFest Community luncheon.
The last day to get a ticket is Monday, Sept. 22, for the Friday, Sept. 26, program in the event hall of the First United Methodist Church.
Tickets are $15, or you can get a reserved table for eight for $100. They are being sold at the Union County Heritage Museum, 114 Cleveland St., and the Union County Development Association, 135 E. Bankhead St.
The non-profit Tallahatchie RiverFest Literary Association, of which the Gazette is a founding member, is the sponsor of the luncheon and the William Faulkner Literary Competition.
The luncheon was begun three years ago to help boost the literary aspects of RiverFest.
This year the association has lined up Curtis Wilkie, a Mississippi author and retired reporter for the Boston Globe, as the featured speaker. Wilkie, a visiting professor at the University of Mississippi and a part of the Overby Center for Southern Journalism and Politics, will discuss his new book, “Assassins, Eccentrics, Politicians and Other Persons of Interest: Fifty Pieces from the Road.”
A highlight of the luncheon is the announcement of the winners of the literary competition, which has grown so much that it attracts entries from around the world. Cash prizes are awarded for best short story by adults/college age-students, best one-act play, best novel and best short story by a high school student.
Join us for this lunch, which has become a major event on the fall calendar in New Albany. But get your tickets now; they are not sold at the door.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...