King program planned for Saturday; Monday holiday to affect closings and garbage pickup
The annual memorial service for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 14, in the Union County Courthouse.
The keynote speaker will be the Rev. Dr. O. I. Salters.
Sponsors will be church groups of Union County as well as community groups.
For information, call pastor Bennie M. Cobb at 662-685-4312.
City, county and other governmental offices will close next Monday, Jan. 16, in observance of the M. L. King holiday.
This will affect solid-waste collection in the city only.
In New Albany, the usual Monday route will be collected Tuesday and the Tuesday route will be picked up Wednesday.
In the county outside the city, there will be no change and garbage routes will run as usual.
Office hours and deadlines at the New Albany Gazette will not change.
About Lynn West
- Hurricane news January 10, 2017
- Election commissioners take oath of office January 12, 2017
- Letter: Progress only happens when we all work together January 12, 2017
- Cong. Kelly named to Armed Services, Agriculture committees January 12, 2017
- Eastern Lights January 12, 2017
- Overtime magic January 13, 2017
- City school superintendent Jackie Ford to retire January 12, 2017
- 2017 Ingomar Homecoming Court January 12, 2017
- City school board seats newest member January 12, 2017
- Museum program sure to be ‘quotable’ January 12, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...