By Susan Hooker Hurricane residents are preparing for the upcoming dove season that will be the big news for the Labor Day holiday. The homecoming at Union Nazarene Church will be held on Sunday, Aug. 28, beginning at 10:30 a.m. with Bro. James Pardee preaching. The traditional noon meal will be held in the fellowship hall. […]
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
By Tommie Cooper In Wednesday night’s Bible study, Bro. Hall was teaching in Galatians 4:3-6, I John 5:1 and Matthew 24. We had brotherhood Sunday, Aug. 21, with Bro. Troy Montgomery with a good bunch of men. We had a good crowd for preaching today. Shoeboxes need soap, washcloths and deodorant. Bro. Hall sang a […]
As the summer winds down, this traditionally festive time has also become one of the most dangerous times on Mississippi’s roads, as many drunk drivers get behind the wheel after celebrating. Approximately one-third of all traffic crash fatalities in the United States involve drunk drivers. Nationwide, someone is killed in a drunk-driving crash every 53 […]
Members of Itawamba Community College’s Indian Delegation have been selected for 2016-17 and they include some Union County area students. On the Fulton Campus they include Paige Imel of Aberdeen; Adrian Moffett, Hunter Holley, Hayden Plunkett, Ryan Williams, all of Amory; Laken Jones, Taylor Kelley, both of Belden; Madison Colley of Corinth; Makayla Hathcock of […]
1000-plus years of combined crafting experience come together all under one roof at the 5th annual Mississippi Craft Show. Showcasing the hand crafting excellence of Mississippi artisans the event will span two days on Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 27 and 28, at the Trade Mart, State Fairgrounds in Jackson. Featuring a selection of Mississippi’s finest […]
First graders at New Albany Elementary School recently completed a unit of study on the Olympics. As a part of the study, the students were allowed to share with the class the Olympic games and athletes they had watched the previous night. Students also learned about the history of the Olympics and how it has changed over […]
David Helms Pontotoc Progress Persons interested in participating in the first Tanglefoot Hub Bicycle Ride have one more week to register at an “early entry” discounted rate. A featured event of that day’s Bodock Festival in Pontotoc, the Tanglefoot Hub Bicycle Ride is scheduled for Saturday morning, Sept. 17, beginning at 8 a.m. Hub […]
The American Red Cross urges blood donors to give in the final weeks of summer to help overcome a critical summer blood shortage. The summer months are among the most challenging times of years to collect enough blood and platelet donations to meet patient needs. Many regular donors delay giving while they take vacation and […]
The New Albany School District realizes that protecting the health of school employees is fundamental to protecting the health of students and ensuring their academic success. When staff members are committed to healthy and active lifestyles for themselves, they are able to model the behaviors that help students be fit, healthy, and ready to succeed. […]
Anderson Parks (center) was the recipient of a $1,000 scholarship from the Union County chapter of the MSU Alumni Association. Also pictured is Will Bowlin (left) and Lowell Easterling (right).
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...