By Lisa Bryant General Manager I was talking with a coworker about a family that had a child with cancer and we made the statement, “We don’t know how to be grateful.” Our children and grandchildren are healthy and happy without any big problems. I was watching the national news last night and saw where the […]
About New Albany Gazette
Author Archive | New Albany Gazette
Mississippians no longer have to leave the comfort of their home or office to change their existing voter registration information. ‘Y’all Vote’ — located at www.yallvote.sos.ms.gov — launched Wednesday in connection with National Voter Registration Month. The site allows citizens already registered to vote to change their voter-roll information by submitting an online application, and […]
On the evening of July 4, 2016, at approximately 7:43 p.m., lightning struck the education building of Calvary United Methodist Church and set the top floor on fire. Fortunately, a passerby immediately called 911. After receiving the call at 7:44 p.m., the New Albany Fire Department arrived on the Calvary UMC campus at 7:47 p.m. […]
By Margaret McCraw We all remember this past week 15 years ago with a saddened heart because of the lives lost and families torn apart when the planes hit the Twin Towers in New York City and the Pentagon. However, after all that’s been said and done I believe there is still a closeness of […]
The August meeting of Liberty School was held on the evening of the sixteenth. Mrs. Lil Nelson welcomed the attendees. Tony Brooks gave the invocation and blessing prior to the covered-dish dinner. In the business session Joanne Gaines read minutes from the July meeting. Tony Brooks was recognized for making a new sign for the […]
Americal Legion Post 72 and Unit 72 held a day of remembrance Friday for the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attack on the U. S. The program included patriotic music, comments by MST (Ret.) Jim Stephens and placing of wreathes by veterans and descendants of veterans. The program was at the Magnolia Civic Center.
This past Friday, Sept. 9, ROTC cadets presented a 9/11 ceremony for the New Albany High School. The ceremony began with a presentation of colors done by cadets Jamie Louis, Cody Baker, Johnathan Sanchez, Brady Payne and James Hill. The speaker for the event, Cadet Cecilia Garcia, then introduced the next segment, involving several cadets […]
The Union County School District and the New Albany City School District is participating in an ongoing state wide effort to identify, locate and evaluate children, birth through 21 years of age, who have a physical, mental, communicative and/or emotional disability. Early identification of children in need of special educational experiences is most important to […]
By Emma Crawford Kent Daily Journal TUPELO – The CREATE Foundation is seeking volunteers to assist with its second annual Imagine the Possibilities Career Expo. The event, funded by regional sponsors and the Toyota Wellspring Education Fund, will take place Oct. 4-6 at the BancorpSouth Arena. The expo is designed to expose Northeast Mississippi eighth […]
By Lisa Bryant General Manager Home Improvement projects are something that goes along with owning a house. The problem is you never seem to get completed. There is always just one more project left to do. Last year we did a large project for us with the remodel of our living area of our house. […]
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...